Free Internet and Hot Spots SurveyAugust 03, 2020 Time: TBA
- Have at least one PreK-12th grade student in the household that attends Greenville County Schools;
- The household does not currently have internet service;
- Have a household income at or below 250% of federal poverty (see chart);
- Need internet for educational purposes in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Virtual Countdown to KindergartenAugust 07, 2020 Time: 10:00 AM
Join us for a virtual Celebration of Countdown to Kindergarten!
We invite your family to participate in 20-30 minute Zoom sessions from 10am-2pm, to connect with our local educators and healthcare professionals, as we discuss how to prepare your children for Kindergarten.
Learn more at EdVenture.org
Triple P SeminarAugust 12, 2020 Time: 1:00 PM
Positive Parenting Program (Triple P): Raising Resilient Children
How can you help your child manage their emotions so they cope well with disappointment and in stressful situations? Get the strategies that will allow them to recognize positive and negative emotions – and deal with them in a healthy way, therefore raising resilient children.
Triple P is a parenting program, but it does not tell you how to be a parent. It is more like a toolbox of ideas. You choose the strategies you need. You choose the way you want to use them. It is all about making Triple P work for you.
The three Ps in ‘Triple P’ stand for ‘Positive Parenting Program’ which means your family life is going to be much more enjoyable.
Triple P helps you:
- Raise happy, confident kids
- Manage misbehavior so everyone in the family enjoys life more
- Set rules and routines that everyone respects and follows
- Encourage behavior you like
- Take care of yourself as a parent
- Feel confident you’re doing the right thing
We look forward to seeing you online on August 12th at 1:00pm.
Click here to register for this event